William Pinto moved to Manteca from Oakland as a small child. He attended Lindbergh School and graduated from Manteca High School in 1944. In 1945 he entered the United States Navy and served until his discharge in 1946. After World War II, Mr. Pinto returned to Manteca and attended the College of the Pacific in Stockton. He earned a Bachelors Degree in Education in 1950 and a Masters Degree in Education in 1951.
Shortly after graduation, he began his long and illustrious career in the Manteca public school system. He first served as a teacher at Lincoln Elementary School and by 1954 he quickly rose lo the administrative ranks as principal at Lindbergh School. In June of 1966 he was given the assignment of opening Shasta School as its first principal, a position he kept until his retirement in 1987.
Mr. Pinto devoted 36 years to education, resulting in a positive impact on numerous children, teachers, and parents. Mr, Pinto was perhaps one of the most respected and influential educators in the District. He recognized the importance of developing future leaders, be it a student or teacher. He was always a true advocate of the student and worked positively with parents and teachers to bring out the best in every child. He motivated staff to excel and take on leadership roles to improve the educational program in Manteca Unified School District.
Since his retirement, Mr. Pinto has remained active in his community. He is a founding member of Manteca Historical Society and the tutoring program, Give Every Child a Chance. In 1992 Mr. Pinto was inducted into the Manteca High School Hall of Fame in recognition of longtime contributions to education in Manteca.