Robert E. Goodwin was born in Manteca in 1917. He grew up on a farm on East Highway 120 and lived there his entire life.
Bob attended Calla Grammar School and Manteca High School.
For his entire life, Bob was an outstanding and contributing member of the Manteca community. He was always ready to do what he could to make things better in the community, especially for young people.
Bob owned a farm on East Highway 120 and throughout his life was active in farm, political service, fraternal, and youth organizations in Manteca and San Joaquin County.
Like his mother before him, Bob served on the Board of Trustees of Calla Grammar School from 1952 until the district unified in 1966. In 1956, when the San Joaquin County Board of Education became an elected body, Bob represented the Manteca area and served until his death in 1973. During that time he also served a term as president of that Board.
Bob was a member of Calla Farm Bureau, 1940 - 1973, holding all offices: San Joaquin County Farm Bureau, 1940 - 1973; president 1965 - 1966; Manteca Chamber of Commerce; San Joaquin County Chamber of Commerce 120 Bypass Committee, late 50’s and 60’s; 32nd Degree Mason, Manteca Tyrian Lodge; Pentalpha Chapter, Order of Eastern Star, Worthy Patron 1958 and 1960; St. Paul's Federated Church; and Manteca Lion's Club.